Welsh Mountain Zoo
Welsh Mountain Zoo is set in North Wales, high above Colwyn Bay with panoramic views and breathtaking scenery, its beautiful gardens are home to this caring conservation zoo.
Set in North Wales, high above Colwyn Bay with panoramic views and breathtaking scenery, its beautiful gardens are home to this caring conservation zoo. Roam the wooded pathways, relax on the grassy slopes and spend a lovely day learning about many rare and endangered species from Britain and around the world including Snow Leopards, Chimpanzees, Red Pandas and Sumatran Tigers!
Enjoy our Penguin Parade, Chimp Encounter, Bear Falls, New Condor Haven and the Children's Farm plus much more. Visit the New 'Sealions Rock' and watch our Californian Sealions being trained. Enjoy the exciting and extensive Jungle Adventureland and Tarzan Trail Adventure Playground. For the more technically inclined, visit our Media Centre, where you can do a virtual tour of the Zoo and play some great educational games.
Hours of Opening & Prices
Mar to Oct: Gates open at 9.30am, last admission at 5.00pm, the Zoo closes at 6.00pm
Nov to Feb: Gates open at 9.30am, last admission at 4.00pm, the Zoo closes at 5.00pm
Closed Christmas day.
Standard Admission Rates 2008
Adult (16+ years) - £8.75
Children (3 - 15 years inclusive) - £6.40
Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 children) - £27.45
Seniors - £7.60
Students (NUS card) - £6.40
Under 3 -FREE
Group Entry 2008
Adult (16+ years unless a student) - £6.75
Children (3 - 15 years inclusive) - £4.65
Seniors - £4.65
Students (NUS Card) - £4.65
Under 3 - FREE
Please read the notes below before completing the booking forms
- Groups visiting the zoo should book in advance to receive entry price discounts.
- Parties must be paid for 'en bloc' otherwise group discounts do not apply.
- Please book any learning sessions and times before making a Group Entry booking.
- Approximate numbers are acceptable for booking purposes. Any cash adjustment can be made after arrival.
- Party rates are applicable to groups of 15 and over.
- One free teacher/courier allowed with each ten full paying children/students.
- Coach drivers: no charge.
- Price Note: additional discounts available for visits October - March inclusive.
- You may need to refer back to these notes when completing the booking forms.
Last Updated: 28 Apr 2015