Croft House Barn Waterhouses Staffordshire
An introduction to Croft House Barn
- All Bedrooms Ensuite
- Wireless Broadband
4 star GOLD self catering with 3 ensuite bedrooms and wifi. Relax in comfort in 400 year old stone cottage .Good country pub a 2 min stroll in this scenic Peak National Park hamlet near Ashbourne Derbyshire
4 star GOLD graded self catering with 3 en-suite bedrooms and wifi. Relax in comfort in this 400-year-old stone cottage. Good country pub a 2 min stroll in this scenic hamlet near Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
Sorry, no smoking inside, no pets.
For latest availability and prices, please call
From £419 - £730 per week
From £294 - £512 short break
Early payment discounts and two-person discounts can be available
Location and attractions
A perfect base for exploring the Peak District National Park, you can walk or cycle from the cottage on the many footpaths, quiet country lanes, or spectacular Manifold Valley Cycle Trail.
20 minutes or less by car will bring you to the excitement of Alton Towers, the historic market towns of Ashbourne and Leek, picturesque local villages with excellent tea-rooms and restaurants, Coombe Valley RSPB nature reserve, Churnet Valley Steam Railway, Blackbrook Zoological Park, plus all the natural beauty of Dovedale and the Roaches and Peakland Edges.
Also within easy reach are; Buxton Spa, Bakewell, Matlock, Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, the Pottery Museums and factory shops, the World Heritage mill sites, the recreational facilities of Carsington and other reservoirs and many more stunning attractions. Alternatively, put your feet up and enjoy the local scenery and wildlife!
Adjoining the owners’ former farmhouse, the cottage has views beyond the garden, yard, paddock and stables, to the neighbouring pastures and across to the hills and the landmark knoll of trees: Waterfall Low. To the front lies the tiny village green with pump, stocks, phone box and surrounding pretty cottages.
Watch Dovedale Video in full HD here
Beautifully renovated, the cottage features exposed stone and timber to combine the character of a stylish barn conversion with the convenience and facilities of modern living. Attractive rugs add warmth and comfort to the stone flags on the ground floor and to the mellow pine flooring of the of the bedrooms on the first floor.
Entrance from parking and flowery patio area into…
Open-plan ground floor, stone-flagged throughout -
* Large, comfortable, living-room with exposed stonework, oriental rugs, wood-burner style gas stove, comfortable seating.
* Attractive super-king or twin-bedded bedroom
* Ensuite shower room for above
* Dining room with seating for up to 8 people
Up 5 stone steps to:
* The light oak, Shaker-style, fully equipped kitchen, with its high, beamed ceiling and side-door to drive (includes dishwasher, microwave, washing-machine, tumble dryer, larder fridge, small freezer)
Up 6 wooden steps to:
* Charming, twin bedroom, with en-suite shower-room
* Beautiful, light double bedroom, with exposed timbers and ensuite bathroom with shower over.
* Full central-heating plus wood-burner style gas stove in living room – no extra costs
* TV, video, DVD, hi-fi, wi-fi access
* Ample off road car-parking
* Patio area with seating, picnic table, flower bed and plant tubs
* Linen and towels included
* Cot/high chair can be provided for babies or younger infants
Available for weekly bookings and short-breaks at off-peak times
Discounts available for smaller groups
‘ Lovely. Just the sort of accommodation we love to find in France too!’