Vyners Cottage Studio Long Compton
The STUDIO is a modern, architect designed, standalone holiday residence located at the top of the garden to Vyners Cottage (a thatched family home dating from 1645) on the edge of the Cotswolds village of Long Compton near Chipping Norton and Moreton in Marsh. Sleeps 3 + Cot. Laundry room with washer/dryer.
With separate vehicular entrance and secure gated parking for bikes and cars, the STUDIO is an excellent base for hikers, mountain bikers, Cotswold explorers and Stratford play-goers and has direct access to footpaths and bridleways to the hills and woods behind, only yards from the gate. Bedecked with solar panels, constructed of timber and high performance glazing with high levels of insulation throughout, the STUDIO is a good example of sustainable accommodation.
On the ground floor is:
- A snug LIVING ROOM with 2 seater sofa that converts into a large single bed (or small double)
- Chair, coffee table, hi-fi, computer with internet access and OS mapping software for walkers, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with DVD player, and a selection of games, books, videos, DVDs, walking guides and maps of the area.
- UTILITY LAUNDRY ROOM with WASHER/DRYER, TOILET, sink, and additional storage
On the 1st floor is:
- A beautiful spacious double bedroom with views out over the garden and thatched roof of Vyners Cottage to the Church of Long Compton and hills behind. A cot is available on request.
- Bathroom with large footprint shower providing ideal refreshment following bracing walks or MTB outings.
- Kitchenette with views over the fields and hills providing sink, fridge, kettle, microwave cooker, clothes drying rail, folding table and stools. Probably not big enough for preparing a roast dinner, but OK for accommodating tea and coffee making, breakfast and light meals.
- A south facing patio with table and chairs with shared use of the garden with Vyners Cottage
- Pressure washer for mountain bike wash down
- Car port where bikes may be securely stored
- There is no access to the garage space which is used for storage.
- Baby equipment: Travel Cot / High Chair / Stroller with rain cover / Shower seat / Toilet seat / Microwavable bottle steriliser and bottles / Stair gate
- Welcome pack of food basics (Tea / Coffee / Cereal / Milk / Butter / Bread) and a bottle of wine
We are sorry, but the STUDIO is not suitable for Pets and we ask that there is NO SMOKING inside.
Long Compton is located midway between Oxford and Stratford and boasts a very good pub (the Red Lion), a Post Office and Country Delicatessen. Within 10-15 minutes drive are the villages of Chipping Norton, Stow-on-the-Wold, Moreton-in-Marsh and Whichford, and within 40 minutes drive are Stratford, Oxford, Warwick, and Cheltenham, all offering great shopping, restaurants and things to do and see. The area is well provisioned with long and short distance country walks with many suitable for XC MTB.