The Orchards ILAM Derbyshire
Self catering with open fire Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms Near Alton Towers and Ashbourne Great views Lambs and Bluebells Super walking area
The Orchards self-catering cottage nestles peacefully on the edge of the Peak District National Park, midway between Leek and Ashbourne.
- It has amazing views towards Dovedale and beyond. Bluebells carpet the woods over the fence and three kinds of orchids can be found here.
- If you are a walker, then this is Paradise. Riverside strolls, moorland rambles, hikes up the hills, rock-climbing and everything in between. There are miles of scenic tarmac trails too. Diverse birdlife from tree-creepers to buzzards.
- Pony trekking and bike hire locally. Paintball, quad-biking, hang-gliding all nearby.
Your vacation rental cottage is based on a working farm. Our land is near the Derbyshire / Staffordshire border and includes woods , meadows, rocky outcrops, marshy areas and a river - perfect places for wild creatures and wonderful for you to explore.
From March to May watch the lambing live and meet the lambs. In June and July see Farmer Vic shear his sheep and have a go at fleece-wrapping. Dipping, silaging and hay-making after shearing. Then sheep sales begin. There is always something going on, whatever the season.
Ilam Hall (N.T.) one mile away offers family activities throughout the year, e.g. treasure hunts and nest-box making.
Why not buy your puddings at Bakewell, walk in the footsteps of Mr Darcy at Chatsworth or Russell Crowe as Robin Hood in Dovedale. Visit the Sheepdog Trials orthe local village fete. Spend an evening at the Opera House in Buxton or a day at the Races in uttoxeter.
And of course Alton Towers is just 9 miles.
Price range - from £285 to £599 and last minute bookings may be discounted. Please check current prices and availability
- Living room, warm and welcoming with a real log fire and satellite TV.
- Sunny oak-floored dining room and well equipped kitchen.
- Three bedrooms to sleep six people (n.b. full-sized bunk beds in one room).
Heated throughout by storage radiators and double-glazed for your comfort. Garage for bikes or car, plus parking.
+ If children wish to visit the farm, they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
+ If you wish to view an Access Statement, please let us know.
+ Only one offer applies at any given time.
+ Sorry, but we do not take dogs - this is sheep country.