The Cruck Barn, Wheatcroft near Matlock
Sleeps 2 - pet friendly - this lovingly and luxuriously restored Mediaeval cruck framed barn is situated adjacent to our 17th century period home in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales
Sleeps 2 - pet friendly - this lovingly and luxuriously restored Mediaeval cruck framed barn is situated adjacent to our 17th century period home in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales, with panoramic views over five counties of middle England from its large balcony.
- Sorry, but strictly no smoking in the property.
Weeks priced from £350 to £450, with short breaks from £135 .
Cruck Barn details
- The Cruck Beam “A” frame dates back to the 16th century.
- The Cruck Barn is entered via a stable door opening into a spacious open plan kitchen with a wood burning stove and oak fitted units with granite work tops. Together with a dining area and sitting area , this comprises a sensational morning room.
- A short flight of stairs leads to a second luxury sitting room, occasional tables and
comfy sofa and new double bed with matching linen.
- French doors lead off the sitting room to a large balcony with panoramic views over five counties and furnished with wrought iron table and chairs. Padded modern outdoor seating is provided for use on the balcony or in the garden
- There is a spacious shower room and toilet with a large walk in power shower, wash basin and heated towel rail and mirrors.
-A large garden area with patio table and chairs with parasol. Outdoor games and small playing area for children with swings, slide and climbing frame.
We are prepared to allow one or two well behaved dogs to stay by arrangement, as long as they are confined to the downstairs area.
There is a comfortable bed settee in the bedroom. Ideal for children. A travel cot is also available
Please phone 01629 534100 for details of availability and booking.
Situated in a peaceful, ‘hideaway’ hamlet in the heart of the Derbyshire countryside, on the edge of the Peak District National Park, it combines ancient beams with stylish contemporary furniture and state of the art fittings to offer spacious and opulent accommodation to ensure that you enjoy every minute of your holiday in the Amber Valley.
Local places of interest include, Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall and Haddon Hall, Crich Tramway Museum, South Wingfield Manor, the pretty market towns of Bakewell and Ashbourne and the spa town of Matlock and Matlock Bath.
This area is a walker's paradise with walks beginning from the garden gate for the fair weather rambler as well as the seasoned hiker. There is horse riding close by and golf and fishing and mountain boarding for those brave enough!
The bird watching is legendary with Ogston reservoir just down the road and Carsington Water a short journey away. Osprey visit on their way to Cumbria and Scotland as do a huge variety of duck, goose, wader, plovers, curlew, cormorant etc.
There is a pub serving high quality Italian cuisine just a mile away at Moorwood Moor and several other excellent pubs and restaurants at Wessington, Ashover and Tansley. Matlock is 3 miles away for shopping, petrol, high class Indian restaurants and a wonderful antique shop!
Free range eggs and organic meat and veg is available locally.