Beautiful landscape gardens between Buckingham and Silverstone in Bucks
The scale and beauty of Stowe has attracted visitors for over 300 years. Picture-perfect views, winding paths, lakeside walks and temples create a timeless landscape, reflecting the changing seasons. Full of hidden meaning, the gardens were created as an earthly paradise, and still cast their spell today.
Your visit starts at the New Inn visitor centre outside the gardens. This fusion of modern and restored 18th-century buildings was where visitors of the day were welcomed to Stowe.
Stop by the light and airy cafe for delicious fresh food and the cafe for unique products inspired by the gardens. The sheer size and space is perfect for those who love the outdoors and enjoy walking. A short walk or a ride in a buggy takes you into the gardens, where another world awaits.
- Discover a garden full of mystery and hidden meanings
- Explore more than 40 monuments, temples and secret corners
- Experience the breathtaking beauty of ornamental lakes, wooded valleys and spectacular views
- Enjoy miles of walks and trails through the gardens and surrounding parkland
- Ideal for picnics and for those seeking peace and tranquility.
Last Updated: 19 May 2016