St Brides Bay View
An introduction to St Brides Bay View
Welcome to our beautiful apartment on the water's edge in the beach side village of Broad Haven in the heart of the Pembrokeshire National Park; the only coastal national park in the UK.
Our apartment is literally just a few feet away from the long sandy beach of Broad Haven.
We have tried to provide all the facilities you would want to make it homely, including TV, DVD, VCR, CD, Dishwasher, Washer-dryer, Bread maker, games, books, Play Station (with games), selection of videos and DVDs etc. And of course stunning views...
Accommodation - sleeps 4:
Kitchen: Equipped to the highest standard: oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, waste disposal, dishwasher and washer-dryer.
Lounge: Large open plan lounge area (with adjacent dining area). Window to front and side - front window with dramatic sea views. Facilities include Sofa bed, 3 seater sofa, TV, DVD, VCR, CD player and Radio, Playstation 1 with games, selection of DVDs, Videos and CDs. If our selection isn't wide enough then the local Village Store has a DVD hire section.
We also provide a range of books and board games for those rainy days.
Master Bedroom with pine double bed, wardrobe, bed side lockers and chest of drawers. Window with view to rear of apartment.
Second bedroom with bunk beds and large wardrobe. Window with view to side of apartment.
Bathroom: Modern and decorated to a high standard. There is a bath with an electric shower, shaving point, a ceiling mounted extractor fan and heated towel rail.
Access to apartment: St Brides Bay View is a third floor apartment right on the sea front at Broad Haven. Access is gained via steps from the pavement to the communal hall entrance doorway. Three flights of stairs then take you to the top floor (please note that there is no lift in the apartment block). The kitchen has a low level oven, dishwasher and washer/dryer, fridge and freezer - all other appliances are at standard worktop height with the exception of the Microwave which is at eye height.
Heating throughout via electric wall-mounted heaters.
Car Parking Allocated car parking space plus second space in general permit parking area.
Pembrokeshire is a wonderful place and there is no where better to base yourself than Broad Haven with its long sandy beach, access to coastal paths, shops, pubs, doctors and take aways.
The Pembrokeshire National park (see their website here) is the only coastal national park in Britain and Broad Haven is right at its heart.
But its not just the National Park that makes Pembrokeshire special, it has a huge amount going for it from Oakwood Theme Park (which now has the biggest wooden roller coaster in Europe) to Folly Farm - an outstanding farm attraction and hugely popular with our children; not forgetting Great Wedlock Dinosaur Park, as well as other wildlife parks, country sports park, numerous golf courses, craft and leisure centres. Indeed there are so many alternatives to the beach that whatever your interest or the weather, it's hard to imagine that you would ever be stuck for something to do in Pembrokeshire.
Thanks to the introduction of the Puffin Shuttle between St Davids and Milford Haven, some excellent stretches of the coast path can now be tackled without the need to do a circular route. Use the shuttle to travel to the far end of your day's walk and walk back to where you started. Good sections to tackle in this fashion include:
- Broad Haven to Nolton Haven
- St Brides Haven to Broad Haven
- Dale to Martins Haven
Take a circular route around the Marloes Peninsula, starting at either Marloes beacon or the National Trust car park for Marloes beach. It covers a distance of 61/2miles/11km
Another good circular route is around the Dale Peninsula, starting from the car park near St Ann's head. The path follows some dramatic cliff tops, dropping down to several lovely sandy coves on the way. Total distance is about 6miles/10km.
For more information see the Puffin shuttle bus web site.
Pembrokeshire really is the most wonderful place and Broad Haven the ideal spot from which to explore it.
|Places to go || |
- Llys-yr-Fran Park This is a This is the view over the reservoir at the heart of the park.
- Oakwood Leisure Park Top childrens attraction.
- Heatherton activity leisure park.
- Folly Farm Family Adventure Park.
- Dinosaur Park, Tenby
- Ritec Valley Quad Biking off-road experience
- Picton Castle Historic house and gardens
- Hilton Court, Gardens and Crafts
- Mostonbrook Sanctuary Equine Home
- Thousand Islands Expeditions Wildlife Adventure Boat Trips
- Pembrokeshire Motor Museum
- Pembrokeshire Classic Car Hire, Little Haven. Drive a classic car around Pembrokeshire! Day, Weekend, Weekly hire.
|Sports Activities || |
- Haven Sports (Broad Haven)
- West Wales Windsurf and Sailing (Dale)
- Microlight Wales
- Nolton Stables Horse Riding
- Rock Climbing
- West Wales Divers
- Ten Pin Bowling, Phoenix Bowl, Milford Marina, Milford Haven, Tel: 01646 696350, email@example.com
|Restaurants || |
- The Ocean, Cafe, Resturant and Bar. www.oceancafebarandrestaurant.co.uk, Tel 01437 781882, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very close by and very friendly. The owners Mostyn and Kay are very welcoming of children and supply excellent coffee and cakes during the day with a gourmet resturant in the evening.
- The Galleon, near the car park on the South side of Broad Haven. Good pub grub and welcomes children.
- The Nest Bistro (Little Haven) Phone 01437 781728, Email email@example.com Open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Castle (Little Haven) http://www.castlelittlehaven.co.uk.
This is the view from the Green in front of the Castle.
- The Masons Arms, Steak House, Dale Road. Tel 01437 760815. Good honest food and Kids eat free Mondays.
|Cinemas || |
- Palace Cinema, Haverfordwest
- The Royal Playhouse Cinema, Tenby
|Miscellaneous || |
- West Wales Web
- Stay In Broad Haven, Pembrokeshire - book direct with owners.
- IHA.com : Holiday rentals, bed and breakfast and self catering accommodation book direct with owners.
|Tourist Information offices ||Haverfordwest Tourist Information Centre |
9 Old Bridge, Haverfordwest, SA61 2EZ
Tel: 01437 763110 Fax: 01437 767738