Sheepwash Cottage Carsington
Sheepwash Cottage is an attractive stone cottage looking out across its own meadow to Carsington Village. Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms,1 bathroom and 2 shower rooms, the Miner’s Arms, is two hundred yards away.
Sheepwash Cottage is an attractive stone cottage looking out across its own meadow to Carsington Village, an old leadmining village with lots of lovely stone cottages gathered around the green. The cottage is situated on the walk around Carsington Water and is two miles from the visitors centre, where bicycles, rowing boats and wind surfing equipment can be hired. Hopton Hall, with its snowdrops and rose events, is just down the lane and the Miner’s Arms, famed for its warm welcome, delicious meals and good ale is two hundred yards away.
Prices & Information
From £420 - £640 per week depending on season.
Christmas and New Year weeks £680.
Short-breaks, either a long weekend or a mid week break, may be available, please contact the owner.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Central heating and power are also included.
- A cot and high chair can be provided.
The accommodation is over 2 floors and includes on the ground floor:
- Large lounge with lovely suite, with TV/DVD and ipod dock.
- Smaller quiet room with books and games, and wifi enabled.
- New oak kitchen with induction hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Dining area for 6, with hifi.
- A downstairs shower room with W.C.
- Ceilings are low in the kitchen!
Upstairs you will find:
- A spacious double bedroom under the eaves.
- A twin bedroom.
- A bathroom with W.C.
- Up a separate staircase is a bedroom with king sized bed and a new ensuite shower room.
- Extensive, secure garden/landscaped meadow.
- There is a patio with garden furniture and a BBQ.
- Guests have access to a fully fenced and gated wild life pond.
- Ample parking is available.
- The gardens are a particular feature with wonderful views.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Access for people with disabilities may be difficult.
Sheepwash cottage is located in a walkers’ paradise. Wander around the village, follow the glimpse of sparkling water through the trees until the view of Carsington Water opens up before your eyes, or climb the 1000 foot of Carsington Pasture to sit in the ‘King’s Chair’ and marvel at the wondrous landscape of the Derbyshire hills. The high peak trail can be reached up a steep lane out of the centre of the village and offers cycling or running opportunities all the way to Tissington, or to Middleton, along what used to be an old railway line.
The picturesque villages of Brassington, Hognaston and Kirk Ireton are nearby and all have pubs which provide good food.
Carsington Water with its visitor centre, watersports, cycle hire and adventure playground is an incredible holiday adventure. Nearby Wirksworth with its award winning conservation area, heritage centre, Mimmo’s restaurant and Ron Fairweather’s brilliant silversmith’s workshop is an ultimate experience. Ashbourne with its lovely market square and range of country-town shops just can’t be missed. Add Chatsworth, Haddon, Matlock, Bakewell and Peak District villages like Eyam and Tideswell and you will know you are in the absolute midst of everything.
The nearest shops can be found in Wirksworth just 2 miles away and the closest restaurant is about 1.5 miles away. We can arrange to receive your shopping if you decide to order on-line before you leave.
Read what our guests say...
It would be very nice to stay forever. We had a great time. 22/29 May 2010
This is our 3/4 visit and we are starting to fell very much at home here. Such a beautiful spot. 3/10 April 2010
Great walks. Lovely warm cosy cottage. Great fun in the snow! Jan 2010
Lovely cottage, beautifully kept gardens. Will definitely come again. Nov 2009
Excellent! Lovely little cottage. 28 Aug/1 Sept 2009
This is a little piece of heaven and I'm very sorry to leave. 18/25 July 2009
This must be our 6th stay here and as always we had a fantastic time. Beautiful cottage and gardens, the wildlife and the warm welcome have made it a perfect visit as always. 4/20 June 2009
Cozy cottage and quality surroundings. A great week. April 2009
Lovely warm comfortable cosy cottage. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. March 2009