An introduction to Plasau
If you are seeking to escape the hectic pace of modern living then Plasau offers you the perfect retreat!
Plasau Holiday Cottage, Wales is nestled on the hillside amongst ancient woodlands and pastures in the beautiful upper reaches of the Dyfi Valley in the spectacular Snowdonia National Park, Gwynedd, Wales.
Nestling in the pretty upper reaches of the Dovey valley, Plasau offers guests a haven of peace and tranquillity. Located on a hillside amongst delightful woodlands and pastures, spectacular views abound in all directions with nearby access to an abundance of footpaths and hill walking.
Wildlife and stunning views abound, providing guests a haven of peace and tranquility far from the madding crowd without isolation and with nearby access to many footpaths and mountain walks. Plasau is only 2 miles from the summit of Bwlch y Groes (Hellfire Pass), Wales' highest mountain road.
The market towns of Dolgellau and Machynlleth are each about 13 miles away and the spectacular Cambrian coast a mere 40 minute drive. Access to the rest of Snowdonia is easy and the beautiful lakes of Vyrnwy and Bala are a spectacular 20 minute drive away over the highest road pass in Wales.
Plasau Holiday Cottage, Wales is a sympathetically converted barn, retaining much of its character whilst being equipped to a very high standard. The accommodation and facilities are as follows:
- 2 well appointed bedrooms: 1 double, 1 single
- Luxury shower room
- Beautifully equipped kitchen including electric hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine (drying facilities available)
- Relaxing sitting room with comfortable sofa and chairs, stone fireplace with wood-burning stove, satellite television including video, DVD and music system
- Spacious south-facing conservatory including sitting and dining areas with stunning views of the valley and mountains
- Sun deck with furniture and barbecue, again with wonderful views of the Dyfi Valley
- Access to terraced garden that affords panoramic views of the Dyfi Valley
- All linen and towels are provided
- Electricity and heating and logs
- Complimentary welcome basket of essential provisions and fresh flowers to welcome you to your cottage.
It is with regret that we are unable to accommodate pets, or children under 5. However, service dogs are most welcome.
Please note that, for your and subsequent guests' comfort, Plasau Holiday Cottage, Wales and grounds are strictly non-smoking.