Pear Tree Farm BB Matlock
Pear Tree Farm guests can enjoy wholesome farmhouse bed & breakfast as well as residential Painting and Drawing Art Courses.
Pear Tree Farm in Matlock, Derbyshire offers great b&b with the added benefit of residential painting and drawing art courses...and all of the attractions of the Peak District National Park are nearby too.
- Bed & Breakfast from £40.00 per person per night sharing.
- From £60 single occupancy of double or twin en-suite
At Pear Tree Farm guests can enjoy wholesome farmhouse bed & breakfast as well as residential Painting and Drawing Art Courses. We have 8 double or twin-bedded rooms, all en-suite (2 bedrooms have disabled facilities).
Pear Tree Farm is traditionally built, with all the features one expects of a Derbyshire farmhouse, yet with the full range of modern amenities expected by international tourists, including internet access.
All bedrooms are en-suite with bath or Shower. We have 8 bedrooms: 4 double, 3 twin, and 1 family. Two of these rooms are on the ground floor with facilities for the disabled and wheelchair access.
Rooms have T.V. and hair dryers (irons or press available on request).
Prices from £35.00 pppn. Open all year. Group bookings welcome.
Pear Tree Farm has a spacious cosy guest lounge with a traditional wood burning stove. A large TV, video, DVD player, and a selection of books for guests’ enjoyment.
Pear Tree Farm has its own programme of day workshops and residential art courses led by internationally renowned artists. Guests are welcome to join these, please check which courses are available when booking accommodation.
The Art Studio is a light, purpose built wood cabin, with a comfortable, heated 20ft x 30ft interior with stunning views over the picturesque Lea Brook.
We serve traditional hearty English food with half and full board available. Special ddiets by arrangement. Our standard tariff Includes bed and full English or continental breakfast.
The farm is situated in an excellent location being central to many places of interest:
• Lea Rhododendron Gardens, glorious in full bloom (Spring) – 5 min walk.
• Country House Estates (Chatsworth, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall) within 30 min drive.
• Excellent and interesting local walks as well as picturesque routes through the Derbyshire Dales, Staffordshire Moorlands and Peak District National Park.
• Carsington Water (20 min drive) offers good facilities for birdwatching and walking, cycle hire, windsurfing, sailing and fishing.
• Historical sites such as Wingfield Manor and the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Corridor (includes local Arkwright and Masson Mills).
• Denby Pottery visitor centre and the factory shop trail (includes John Smedley Mill, Lea Bridge, famous for its fine woollen garments).
• Matlock Bath and cable cars to the Heights of Abraham are 10 min drive away.
• Art Galleries,Theatres and Cinemas in Derby, Buxton and Chesterfield.
• Tramway Museum, Crich (10 min drive)
• Alton Towers Theme Park (1 hour drive)
• Market towns of Wirksworth, Ashbourne, Bakewell, and well dressings in villages of Tissington, etc all within 30 min drive in surrounding area.
Pear Tree Farm
Pear Tree Farm is a traditional Derbyshire farmhouse set in 76 acres of its own beautiful woodland and pasture, overlooking Lea Brook. It is listed in the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage site literature as a 18th century corn mill. When the historic cotton mills of the Derwent Valley were built, Pear Tree Farm provided grain for the mill workers, and supplied water to the cotton washing process. Pear Tree Farm and surrounding area is steeped in a rich history and has historical connections with the Nightingale family, Florence Nightingale lived locally in Holloway and is mentioned on the farm deeds. The historic Dethick Church (Babingtons) and Wingfield Manor (Mary Queen of Scots) is close by.
The tranquil surroundings of Pear Tree Farm ensure the perfect rural retreat for the discerning tourist to relax and enjoy our award winning bed and breakfast accommodation and English country cuisine. (Wine and spirits are available on request.)
Pear Tree Farm has a fully equipped separate arts centre, offering varied and interesting arts and crafts courses.
We invite guests to join in these activities. Why not ask us for the art and craft course programme when booking your accommodation? Enjoy life at its best in the unspoiled English countryside!
The pub is just a short walk away and our local village has a post office, general store and butcher.
Matlock & Matlock Bath guide
For much more information on what our area has to offer - please visit the Matlock and Matlock Bath - holiday, accommodation and visitor guide - it's packed full of useful and current information for the holidaymaker.