Peak Hidden Trails, Chapel en le Frith, Derbyshire
Explore The Hidden Sites And Stories Of The Peak District Accompanied By Your Local Walking Guide with Peak Hidden Trails Includes trips on Geology of the White and Dark Peak
Peak Hidden Trails provide customised guided walks through the seldom visited areas of the Peak District National Park tailored to your personal interests and abilities.
Experience the spectacular views from the many gritstone crags and hills, explore the wooded valleys, travel the heather moorland, rediscover the abandoned industrial and ancient architecture and learn the folk lore and history of the contrasting White and Dark Peak.I feel like this special place in the Heart of England is cleansing for the soul and reconnects a person with nature whatever the weather. It has become a playground for me and my family as I spend my spare time hiking and exploring around the limestone valleys and grit stone crags seeking out ancient pathways and abandoned stone buildings, all have a story to tell.I also enjoy exploring the old local caves and mines in the White Peak area which provided jobs from lead extraction to rope making. I'm intrigued how the locals lived from pre historic times through the Industrial Revolution and to the modern day.If you and a small group of friends are interested in having a guide accompany you on a day or a few hours in the Peak please feel free to call or email me.
- Tailor made walks, views and attractions* in and around the Peak District National Park.
- Choice of comfort of own transport or use of local public transport.
- Day designed around your individual interests.
- 6 hour day, can start as early 6 am or as late as 12 noon.
- Themes including geology, history, and folk lore.
- Charges for Peak Hidden Trail are charged per group and not per-person.
Guided Walk Rates for Groups of 1 - 8 people
WALKS (3 hour) £50 WALKS (6 hour) £80
* may incur additional costs.
- Outdoor First Aid
- National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS) Silver
- Boundaries and Confidentiality
- Counselling Awareness OCN level 1
- Counselling Skills OCN level 2
Training and Ongoing Study
- Geology / Environment BSc Natural Sciences
- Hill and Moorland Leader Training
For tailored tours and special requirements including larger groups please contact your guide Sara for details: