Parish church of St Peter in Parwich
...completely rebuilt in 1873
The church dates back for centuries, yet very little is known about this church's Norman origins.
The Parish Church of St Peter, in Parwich, was entirely rebuilt in the late 19th century on the site of the original church.
The church was reopened in 1873 yet it still contains much Norman work, including a fine carved tympanum over the west doorway, showing the Lamb of God with a cross, a stag trampling on a serpent, a wolf and other strange animals, which was discovered under the plaster.
The original Norman chancel arch, with beak heads and grotesques, is now in the tower.
Rev'd Andy Larkin - 07758 704452 or 01335 390226
Last Updated: 28 Apr 2015