Old Apple Loft - sleeps 7
2 story annexe - former cider house
Former converted cider house sleeps 7, located in the centre of the village yet sits at the foot of the Mendip Hills. Ideal base for walkers and people wanting to explore Somerset and all its attractions.
A wonderful self catering accommodation sleeping up to 7 (plus cot if required). Attached to a former Georgian farmhouse the Old Apple Loft is a two storey annex converted from it's original use as an old cider house.
It is situated in the centre of the village of Westbury sub Mendip, within a few metres of the local village shop selling fresh bread and local produce, the village church and the Westbury Inn which serves real ales and evening meals throughout the week.
Somerset spreads across the West Country and is famous for cider and cheese (there are lots of local cidar houses to try out). The Mendip Hills are to the north and run across from Weston-super-mare, past Wells and onto Frome, and have been designated an Area of Outstanding Beauty. They offer countless walks, and views across the reclaimed Somerset Levels. From within the levels rises Glastonbury Tor, and the legends surrounding King Arthur and Avalon abound. Also to be visited are the Quantock Hills to the South of Axbridge.
Places to visit in the area also include Wookey Hole, Weston-super-Mare, Bristol, Wells, Bath, Street, Frome and Taunton. A little further are Slimbridge, Berkeley Castle, Longleat House and Safari Park and Stonehenge.
Bristol has tourist attractions including the Suspension Bridge, @Bristol and Zoo.
Bath has tourist attractions including the Costume Museum, Roman Baths and Spa, Jane Austen centre and cathedral. AccommodationFirst Floor
- Entrance porch leading to:
- Lounge with seating for 7 and including a colour TV, video and DVD player. There is a double sofa bed to sleep two, with floor to ceiling cupboard space and a wardrobe. Stairs to the ground floor are from the lounge.
- Kitchen/Diner fully fitted with full size cooker, fridge/freezer, and microwave. There is also a gas fire and table and chairs to seat 7.
- Bathroom with white suite, shower over bath and toilet.
- Bedroom 3 with double bed, fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers. Flat screen TV. En-suite shower room with toilet and sink.Ground Floor:
- Bedroom 1 with a double bed and double french doors opening out onto an outdoor seating area.
- Bedroom 2 with a single bed, and an additional childs bed (aged up to 4 years old).
- Shower room with sink and toilet.
- Utility area with a Belfast sink and washing machine.Facilities
Gas central heating and hot water is provided throughout with all electricity and heating costs included in the price. Also inclusive is all bedding, towels and linen.
Baby equipment and travel cot can be provided by prior request at the time of booking.
Small dogs can also be accommodated by prior arrangement. Please enquire at the time of booking.
Outside there is a stone paved patio area with some shading provided by a very old fig tree. Garden furniture is available to enjoy for al fresco dining and BBQ's..
There is parking for 2 cars within the grounds.
Please note this is a non-smoking
The Old Apple Loft is available for both full weeks or short breaks throughout the year:
Full week tariff for 7 nights Saturday to Saturday:
April to June £300
July and August £400
October to December £225
For short breaks (percentage of weekly price charged):
2 nights 50%
3 nights 60%
4 nights 70%
5 nights 80%
6 nights 90%
Please note that 10% discount is available for consecutive weekly bookings.
Provisional bookings can be made by phone which will be held for 7 days to enable a deposit to be paid. A brochure will be sent along with a booking form to be returned.
Final payment is due 4 weeks prior to arrival.