Millway Cottage Alstonefiled
Millway Cottage is a totally self-contained cottage that sleeps 2-4 people, the property has just been completely re furbished and decorated to a high standard throughout
Millway Cottage is a totally self-contained cottage that sleeps 2-4 people, the property has just been completely re furbished and decorated to a high standard throughout. No smoking. Dog/s possible by prior arrangement.
TARIFF & DATES
1-WEEK STAY (between the dates given)
Jan – April £275
May – Sept £325
Oct – Dec £250
Christmas week and New Year week £340
For a two night stay the cost is £105
For a three night stay the cost is £155
For a four night stay the cost is £205
All the above prices include bed linen, towels, electricity used and a welcome basket.
Accommodation key features
The ground floor of the property comprises of an entrance hall, double bedroom, bath/shower, the stairs to the first floor lead into the kitchen and lounge/dining room. The lounge has a sofa bed, which sleeps two, a dining table and four folding chairs, and the kitchen is fully equipped.
· Electricity Included in the price
· Linen and towels included
· Welcome Grocery Basket
· Enclosed garden to the rear of the cottage
· TV/ Radio Cassette/CD player
· Books and Games
· Local sight seeing information and Walking/rambling books
· Microwave/Fridge/ fully equipped kitchen
· Laundry service available at an additional cost
· Tea and Coffee are provided
· Price includes duvets, bed linen, one set of towels, electricity, central heating. · A public telephone box is situated at the bottom of the drive
* Nestled in the picturesque hamlet of Milldale, Millway Cottage has idyllic views of the Dovedale valley and the surrounding countryside. This most magnificent beautiful stretch of the river is an extremely popular tourist attraction.
* Just half a mile from Milldale is the major village of Alstonefield it lays between the lower Dove and Manifold valleys. It is a pretty village that has not been spoilt by the large number of tourists it receives each weekend. The village is centred on the village green with the splendid George Inn, where you can get a good value pub food.
* The Watts Russell pub is also half a mile away serving good pub food it is a free house brewery. The historic town of Ashbourne is 7 miles south of Milldale it is a lively market place offering a wealth of good eating-places including Chinese, Indian, brassieres, and highly recommended restaurants, even an excellent fish and chip shop.
Local Leisure Opportunities
Walking Dovedale, Manifold Valley, Limestone Way, Lathkill Dale, Monsal Trail, High Peak Trail Staffordshire Moorlands Walks Gritstone Trail
Cycling – The Tissington Trial, Monsal Trial, Carsington Water Trail, Manifold Valley
Water Sports – Carsington Water, Canoeing, Sailing, Windsurfing, Rowing.
Golf Courses – Bakewell, Ashbourne, Buxton.
Historic Houses – Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, Tissington Hall, Eyam Hall, Hardwick Hall, Sudbury Hall, Kedleston Hall, Calke Abbey.
Places of Interest – National Tramway Museum, Heights of Abraham, Bakewells Old house Museum, Castleton Caves
Shopping – Peak Village, Denby Factory Shop, Bakewell, Ashbourne, Masson Mills, Belper
Children’s Activities – Alton Towers, Chatsworth Farmyard & Adventure Playground, Gullivers Kingdom, Ashbourne Swimming Pool, Alfstonfield childrens playground.
· Please telephone or Email us first, to check whether your chosen dates are available.
· A booking form will be sent out to you, please fill in and return plus your cheque for the 25% deposit (or the full amount if the holiday is within four weeks) made payable to 'Beverley Kippax'.
· We will confirm your booking in writing, and enclose directions to the cottage.
· Four weeks before the start of your stay please send the remaining 75% of your rent.
· We will then acknowledge your cheque, and send you details of how to get there.
· Two or three days before you arrive, please ring to confirm final arrangements.
- We regret that we are not yet set up to take payment on credit cards, we can only accepted either a cheque or postal order made payable to 'Beverley Kippax'.
· If you cancel the booking we will return the deposit if we are able to re-let the week.