Michill Cottage Castleton Derbyshire
An introduction to Michill Cottage Castleton
Welcome to Michill Cottage, a charming 17th century self catering holiday cottage full of character and oak beams. Sleeps 4 and pet friendly in world famous Castleton with wonderful views of the surrounding Peak District hills and countryside.
Welcome to Michill Cottage - a charming 17th century self-catering holiday cottage full of character and oak beams - sleeps 4 and pet friendly - in world famous Castleton with wonderful views of the surrounding Peak District hills and countryside. Walks from the doorstep. Several good pubs and facilities in the village. Access to the cottage garden (opposite the cottage) - with superb views over to the surrounding hills.
Click to see Castleton Video
Prices range from £295 to £490 depending on time of year.
Prices quoted are for up to 4 people for 7 nights, from Friday to Friday.
Short breaks of 2, 3 and 4 nights are available subject to availability and time of year.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Being a terraced stone property with 2 foot thick walls, Michill Cottage is always warm and welcoming, especially in the cooler months. It is centrally heated with a double and a twin room to accommodate 4 guests. The double bedroom has stunning views of the surrounding hills.
- The fitted kitchen is well equipped, with plenty of crockery, glassware, utensils, saucepans and oven to table ware. We enjoy cooking so have ensured that the kitchen provides home from home facilities.
- In the living room the dining table is set up for 4 but the table will extend if required (spare folding chairs under stairs).
- The bathroom is equipped with a white 2-piece suite and has a stand-alone electric shower unit.
- Outside to the rear of the property there is a small courtyard, with table and chairs and a barbeque.
- Dogs are welcome at Michill, but for those without animals we do our best to keep the cottage pet-hair free and in excellent condition. We are happy for you to leave your well-behaved dog in the cottage, but many local attractions and pubs will allow you to take your dog with you. There is no extra charge for your pet.
- Good walking is straight from the doorstep so you can even park your vehicle and not need to use it for a week! For walking, the Peak District National Park is unsurpassed.
- Only a few yards away is the entrance to Cave Dale, a dramatic limestone gorge directly under the walls of Peveril Castle.
Michill Cottage is comprehensively equipped
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- Gas central heating
- Well equipped and fitted kitchen
- Electric oven and gas hob
- Microwave/combination oven
- Washing machine and tumble drier
- Fridge with icebox
- Iron and ironing board
- Lounge / Diner
- Colour TV with integral DVD/CD player
- Duvets, linen and towels provided
- All power included
- Non smoking
- Pets welcome
- Excellent pubs and inns within 5 minutes walk
- Short breaks available, please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Parking available
- Garden furniture and barbecue
- Excellent walking straight from the cottage
Castleton holiday Guide
For lots more useful and current information for Castleton visitors and holidaymakers – please take a look at the Castleton – holiday, accommodation and visitor guide - brought to you exclusively by Let’s Stay Peak District. Thank you and we hope that you enjoy your break in Castleton.