Merman Farm Tideswell Derbyshire
...Aga, open fire, pet friendly
- Dog/Pet Friendly
- Group Friendly
- Open Fire or Stove
- Scenic Location
- Book Online
- Family Friendly
LIVE AVAILABILITY Sleeping 10-11 in 5 bedrooms, 3 ensuite, open fire, pet friendly too. The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park
Sleeping 11 in 5 bedrooms, 3 ensuite, open fire, pet friendly. Merman Farm, Tideswell is in the heart of the Peak District. A traditional stone built former farmhouse in a quite location, a few minutes walk from the centre of the village, one of the oldest settlements in the central Peak District.
Close to the Monsal Trail, Cyclists & Walkers very Welcome.
*Online Booking & Availability*
To Check prices and availability please click here: Book Online
*Bookings now been taken for 2016*
Prices per week
£698 - £1980
No Booking Fee.
No charge for dogs.
Weekly Rental Period Friday - Friday.
Weekend and Mid Week Short Breaks Available
Please ring 0797 286 8437 for other alternatives or e-mail email@example.com
Fully restored by the owner, Merman Farm offers quality accommodation of real character and charm and seamlessly combines many original features with modern design and home comforts.
There is a French oak kitchen with feature brick fireplace with built-in Aga, a spacious sitting room with woodburning stove and large flat screen TV, and a small patio area, ideal for sitting out. A spacious, enclosed lawn area is 25m away, adjoining a one-acre paddock for exercising your dog, while the delights of Tideswell are close by. Enjoy excellent walking in the area or visit the nearby spa town of Buxton. A wonderful holiday location.
Accommodation in detail:
- Five bedrooms plus Attic room:
- 2 x super kingsize double (zip/link - can be twin on request) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x double.
- 1 x twin (2' 6' wide singles) with ensuite (shower, basin & WC).
- 1 x twin with additional stacker bed on request (for child under 16).
- 1 x Single bed in Attic room with two velux windows.
- Main bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC.
- Ground floor basin, WC and shower for washing Dogs.
- Free standing kitchen with Aga & adjoining utility room and snug.
- Dining room (seats 10).
- Sitting room (seats 10) with woodburner stove.
- Attic room is also a games area with board games & built-in washing machine.
- Full gas central heating, woodburning stove in sitting room.
- Gas fired Aga, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher.
- 6 x colour TVs with 42" flat screen TV in sitting room with Sky Movies & Sports, DVD & CD.
- Free Wireless Broadband
- Fuel, power & logs for woodburner inc. in rent.
- Bed linen inc. in rent. 2 Cots & 2 highchairs on request.
- Off road parking for 5 cars. Lockable bike storage.
- Patio with furniture & BBQ, separate enclosed lawned area 25m from cottage, adjoining one-acre paddock for exercising your dog and outdoor activities.
- 2 well behaved pets welcome.
- Sorry no smoking.
- Shops & pubs 4 mins walk.
The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Famous for its fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as "The Cathedral of the Peaks", the village is also noted for its well dressing and carnival wakes. There is excellent walking and outdoor pursuits including cycling and climbing close by, with rugged peaks to the north, gentle hills and dales to the south and Millers Dale just outside the village. Mam Tor, Castleton, Chatsworth and Bakewell are only a few miles away and the popular spa town of Buxton is within a 15 minute drive. Tideswell has many fine country inns and excellent restaurants, a chemist, butchers, co-op, fruit shop, bakers and much more.
Tideswell is a very peaceful place and Merman Farm made an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area. Very high standards and welcoming hosts.
Mr & Mrs Lees, South Croydon, June
The space and layout of the house was good for a large group of mixed ages. The large paddock was good for power kiting and playing ball games.
Mr Kirkham, Harrogate, June
Excellent property, accommodated ten in comfort. Good location. Highly recommended.
Mrs Furby, Appleby-in-Westmorland, April
Excellent accommodation for our family. The boys loved the nearby play area/swings. Location near but not in the village - easy access, no noise!
Mr Glanfield, Solihull, March
Fabulous, thank you. Great for a large group; warm and cosy and loads of hot water. Fire effective. Thoroughly enjoyed by everyone!
Ms Crisfield, Skipton, March
Beautifully furnished. The AGA was the focal point for everyone, cooked a leg of pork to perfection!
Mrs Baker, Cradley Heath, January
We loved everything! The cottage was lovely and the little welcoming touches of mince pies and a bottle of wine were perfect. We had very snowy weather but Merman Farm felt so warm and welcoming to come back to after a long walk on the hills. We would definitely recommend to friends and hope to return ourselves in the future.
Mrs Allan, Hessle, December
A great place to spend time with extended family. Tideswell is a good place to be based for the Peak District.
Mrs Proctor, Bury St. Edmunds, November
Fantastic property for our family get-together. Beautifully maintained, spacious and comfortable. Owners were very helpful and friendly.
Mrs Ashley, Colchester, October
A lovely area for walking, Merman Farm suited us very well, and the owners were very helpful.
Mr Bridge, Malvern, October