An introduction to Mairlys
- 4 Star
- Open Fire or Stove
Excellent village location with views over Snowdonia's Gwydyr forest.
Mairlys is a substantial Welsh victorian villa made of stone & slate, situated in the picturesque village of Betws-y-Coed in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park.
This four star guest house run by Marian & Bernard Owen offers comfortable ensuite rooms furnished to a high standard, all with flat screen TV. Mairlys also offers ample off road parking. Leave the car and enjoy the natural environment on foot, bike or public transport. A short walk will take you to inns, restaurants, local shops and the commencement of walking treks.
Betws-y-Coed is a walker’s paradise with countless walking trails into the Gwydyr Forest & the lakes.
Breakfast at Mairlys
Mairlys offers a choice of breakfasts:
• Cereals, fruit juice, fresh fruit and yoghurts.
• Cooked traditional using local welsh home cured bacon & sausages and free range eggs.
• Cooked vegetarian.
• Continental 'bakers basket' with hot rolls & croissants.
- Packed lunches are available on request.
- South facing outside seating areas where you can enjoy refreshments during the summer months.
- Special diets catered for by prior arrangement.
Comfortable, double glazed, ensuite rooms, furnished to a high standard. Double rooms have a sunny aspect with lovely views over the Gwydyr Forest. All with TV with remote controls, radio alarm clocks, tea/coffee making facilities and hair dryers.
• Ask about bespoke tours of North Wales- itineraries tailor made to suit.
• In depth local information and maps available
• Locked bicycle storage with washing facilities
• Clothes drying facilities
• Meet & Greet service available for Manchester, Liverpool Airports and Llandudno Junction station
• Free pick ups from Betws-y-Coed station
• Welsh and French spoken.
Location of Mairlys
Off road parking with short walk to inns restaurants local shops and the commencement of walking treks.
Ideal for walkers, ramblers, climbers, cyclists, anglers, canoeists exploring the spectacular Snowdonia National Park.
The North Wales Tourist Sherpa Bus stops close by, en-route to Mt.Snowdon and the Snowdonia National Park.
Only 5 minutes level walk to Betws-y-Coed railway and 3 minutes away by car. The train travels the length of the Conwy Valley linking Llandudno with Blaenau Ffestiniog, the slate capital of Wales.
The village centre is a few minutes level walk from the guest house.
All within a short drive to the coast of Conwy and Caernarfon with their famous castles and sandy beaches. Or take a scenic drive via Beddgelert to Porthmadog and Portmeirion.
Double ensuite bedrooms, south facing:
£60 - £65 per room per night
Kingsize ensuite bed with private balcony, south facing:
£65 - £70 per room per night
Twin ensuite room with separate shower room: £55-£60 per room per night
Single ensuite room with separate
£35 - £40 per room per night.
All prices include breakfast.
What our clients say...
Very pleasant stay, friendly owners.
F. Seinfeld, Germany
Had a wonderful time, Lovely breakfast and amazing house.
Hannah & Kate, Cardiff
Lovely, we'll come back.
Andrea & Steve, Luzern
A lovely place to stay, friendly and in a superb location.
P. M & family
Fantastic break, wonderful fresh, clean room. Felt very welcome and a very scrummy breakfast!
A & S, Hereford
Perfect in every way.
Wonderful stay, great breakfast.
J & M, Liverpool.