An introduction to Llys Tanwg
- Games room
- Group Friendly
- Open Fire or Stove
Llys Tanwg - a beautiful seven-bedroom Edwardian house right by the sea in Snowdonia, North Wales with one of the most majestic views in the British Isles.
Llys Tanwg - a beautiful seven-bedroom Edwardian house right by the sea in Snowdonia, North Wales with one of the most majestic views in the British Isles. Prices: £300 - £3250
Available as two separate flats or one large house; five minute walk to the beach, and one mile to Harlech with castle, restaurants, shops etc, golf course. And of course all within easy reach by car is the fabulous Snowdonia National Park.
This is a high class holiday destination with a family atmosphere, with large gardens, games cabin and modern facilities.
Each flat has the following:
• Central heating and double-glazing throughout
• Fully fitted brand new bathroom with strong shower and bath and toilet
• Separate toilet with washbasin
• Fully fitted brand new kitchen with
- Electric cookers with conventional oven
- Microwave oven
- Electric kettle
- Espresso machine (upstairs, but can move if only one floor occupied)
• Sitting room with
- Open fire
- Large TV
- Hi Fi with CD, cassette and radio
- DVD player
- VHS player
• Utility Room with washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron, drying racks
• All beds have non-allergenic duvets and pillows
- Bedrooms 1 and 2 upstairs have their own washbasin
- Additional cot and high chair for infants/toddlers
- Two spare folding mattresses
• Throughout the ground floor flat, and in the dining room upstairs, the original wooden floorboards have been stripped.
• Both flats are full of beautiful antique furniture, paintings and rugs.
• Games Cabin (30 square metres) with table football, full-sized table tennis, full-sized pool table with lights and cushions.
• Garage with one car parking space darts board
• Outdoor parking for at least six cars
• Very large gardens with two lawns, wooded areas, and picnic tables and chairs.
The Games Cabin is built in the Scandinavian style of log cabins, and has heat and light, making it the perfect place for children to spend a rainy day, leaving others with the peace and quiet of the house.
In addition to a range of puzzles and board games, there is also be a full size pool table, table-tennis table (which rests on the pool table, so it is one or the other) and table-football table. It could happily have up to 10 children playing in it at the same time.
It only takes a few minutes to walk down the footpath to the beach, and you arrive just at the point where 4 miles of sand gives way to rock pools. This is a wonderful beach with safe swimming, and never crowded.
All within an hour of Llys Tanwg, you can visit historic monuments, castles, and religious sites, ride on the famous narrow-gauge Ffestiniog railway, play golf on one of the world’s greatest courses, go horse-riding or white-water rafting, explore slate caverns, hill walk, mountain or rock climb, river, lake or sea swimming, kitesurf or windsurf, or just stay home and enjoy the beautiful house and it's views, and play in the games room.
Behind the house on foot, you are soon on the hills where there are wonderful walking opportunities.
If you want to set out by car, there are a host of beautiful and isolated spots all under 20 minutes drive away, such as Shell Island, the valleys of Cwm Buchan and Cwm Nantcol, and the mountain range inland where ravens and falcons fly and wild goats can still be seen.
Of course, Snowdonia is internationally known for its fine climbing and walking and beauty of scenery.
Low season - from £300
High season - from £1075
Low season - from £300
High season - from £1075
Low season - from £600
High season - from £2150
Christmas and New Year available as whole house only.
Basic Terms & Conditions: (for full description please email)
25% Deposit Due at time if booking - Balance plus security deposit due 6 weeks before arrival.
Security deposit also due with booking - will be returned within 10 days of departure
Garden areas, garage, and games shed are shared between the two apartments.
No smoking, and no pets please.
“...all we could have hoped for from a holiday home and more. We especially enjoyed the more personal touches – such as books, paintings etc – which make the place feel like a genuine lived in home.”
“I could feel my heart opening to the beauty of this place, the history of the house, the love behind every single item in it, and the adventures that went into collecting them - a house most lived in and living.”
“This is a really lovely place, lots of character.”
“A superb house with its fantastic furnishings, crockery, paintings etc, and the ever-changing wonderful views.”
“Had a wonderful few days – stunned by the house on arrival.”
“ The first thing to hit us on arrival was the sense of light and space at Llys Tanwg. That combined with the incredible views had an immediate calming effect.”
“We have loved this house.”
“...we have eaten well, laughed loads, and cried to say goodbye.”