Leslie Johnson Activities Centre
The Leslie Johnson Activities Centre is an ideal base for walking and a wide range of outdoor activities, or simply for relaxation. Ideal for youth organisations, young peoples groups, youth training courses, church training/recreational events and w
The Leslie Johnson Activities Centre is an ideal base for walking and a wide range of outdoor activities, or simply for relaxation. Ideal for youth organisations, young peoples groups, youth training courses, church training/recreational events and walking/rambling groups etc. Its central situation is perfect Stoke, Derby, Sheffield and Manchester and of course the delights of the Peak District National Park are on your doorstep.
Sleeping up to 31 people in 2 bedrooms and three 8-bed dorms.
Prices and availability
£105 per night for up to 15 people and then £6 per person up to the maximum of 31. This includes heat and light but there is a pay meter for the other electric. Also for groups that only want to book a single night at weekends the following rates apply:
- April 1st to September 30th - £150/night for first 15 and then £6 /person/night for additional people up to max of 31 people.
- October 1st to March 31st - £105/night for first 15 people then £6/person/night for each additional person up to max of 31.
Please contact Kevin for further information on prices, availability and suitability for your group.
* Bedroom 1 – 1 double bunk + two single beds.
* Bedroom 2 – 1 double bunk + 1 single bed.
* Dorm. 1 (lower ground floor) - 4 double bunk beds
* Dorm. 2 (lower ground floor) - 4 double bunk beds
* Dorm. 3 (lower ground floor) - 4 double bunk beds
All beds have a covered mattress.
Washing and toilet facilities:
* Two separate shower areas on upper ground floor, each with two wash basins.
* Double outside toilet to the rear of the building and an outside disabled toilet at the front.
* One single toilet on the lower ground floor with two wash basins and shower.
* One single toilet on the lower ground floor with wash basin.
Please note, the location of the toilets and washing facilities enables you to have separate facilities for mixed groups if required.
* Large dining area (approx 23’ x 15’) with tables and chairs. This room also has a washer/dryer and a fridge.
* Large games room (approx 23’ x 15’) with table tennis table that can be erected.
Note: it is possible, with care, to slide the partition that divides these two rooms in order to create a larger area should you require it.
* Carpeted Lounge (approx 20’ x 15’) with television, video, DVD and music centre. This room has a number of settees.
* Kitchen: Large fridge/freezer
- 2 x Large electric cookers – 4 rings + grill /oven + additional separate oven
- 2 x Microwaves
There is a playground to the front of the Centre with high mesh and a rubberised surface.
To the rear is a lawned garden area, which has a floodlighting facility.
There is a further grassed area beyond the playground at the front of the building.
Parking is available in a small area to side of Centre (3 to 5 cars), additional parking outside Village Hall close to Centre.
* Oil-fired central heating
* No linen provided
* Disabled Facilities - please contact to discuss
* Games Room: 23' x 15' with table tennis table + small pool table.
* Nearest shop is a local store at Ipstones who will deliver!
* Nearest Pub / Eating out is at Longnor or Hulme End.
The following activities are available on site or nearby:
Abseiling, Canoeing, Caving, Farm visit, Horse riding, Mountain biking, Paint balling, Pony trekking, Sailing, Swimming, Team building.
Please contact us for more information.
Location and Travel information
The Centre is easily accessible by road from Stoke-on-Trent (18 miles) – take the B5053 off the A523 (main Leek to Ashbourne road). Derby is 24 miles.
* Nearest Town: Leek
* Nearest Train Station: Main Line - Stoke-on-Trent there is also a station at Buxton
* Nearest Bus: Local bus route - Stoke-on-Trent - Leek - Buxton - Sheffield
Take the No 442 (Buxton to Ashbourne) bus which goes through Warslow.
Located just 15 minutes from Buxton and definitely worth a vist to Bakewell the Leslie Johnson Activities centre offers easy access to the many attractions the area has to offer in the Peak District - the UK's first National Park.