An introduction to Leadstone Camping
In a sheltered spot half a mile from the sea, Leadstone camping offers the most appealing site in the area
Leadstone is a traditional uncommercialised camping site, it's beautifully located and near a "Blue Flag" beach - one where the owners have built a reputation for their friendly, personal approach and are always ready to help with your questions and problems.
- Just over Seven acres of rolling grassland in a natural secluded bowl.
- Plenty of level pitches for tents, motor homes and caravans, many with electric hook-up.
- Parking next to unit at all times.
- Pre-booking system to insure the best pitch.
- Modern toilet and shower blocks with free hot water to basins.
- Launderette with the latest commercial machines and driers.
- Washing-up facilities. Free hot water
- Chemical toilet disposal point.
- Water points in fields.
- Public telephone
- Milk, Eggs, bread, Calor Gas, Camping Gaz, & freezer pack hire are all available from reception.
- Children's adventure playground.
- Buses pass the door every quarter of an hour, with a "stop" at our entrance.
- Railway stations - Dawlish Warren, half a mile away. Dawlish town, 1 ½ miles away - taxis always available.
Leadstone Camping is situated in an area designated as being of outstanding beauty. The splendid sands and dunes of Dawlish Warren's Blue Flag beach are only an easy and safe half mile walk away from our site - there is a family-orientated pub en route which serves excellent bar meals at mid-day and in the evenings. The pavements are wide and safe for children, prams, etc. The Warren is bounded by the Exe Estuary on one side and miles of golden sandy beach on the other, so there is plenty of room to 'get lost' or visit the bird watchers paradise which is in the Dawlish Warren Nature reserve - 500 acres of natural beauty and flowering plants nestling in the centre of the Warren and open free to the public at all times. There are a number of shops, supermarkets and boot sales nearby, plus excellent shopping in Dawlish town - only 5 minutes away by bus.