Avondale Farm B&B
Avondale Farm is a unique BB hideaway exclusively for two people in a carefully restored barn in the Peak District National Park
Avondale Farm is a unique B&B hideaway exclusively for two people in a carefully restored barn in the Peak District National Park. Pets by arrangement. Sorry but no smoking.
From £72 per room per night for up to two people.
The accommodation is warm and sunny - it has beamed ceilings, a friendly, relaxed ambience and is totally self contained. Views are over our cottage garden and traditionally grazed limestone meadows with dry stone walls. Avondale is a non-working farm in excellent walking country, close to Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Bakewell and within easy reach of Hardwick Hall and several other National Trust properties.
This is also an interesting area for wild flower and bird enthusiasts - Carsington Water, with its hides, is nearby and we are ideally situated for visiting the National Park’s dales and nature reserves.
At Avondale, the keynote is Quality!
Our breakfasts are generous and individually prepared using local produce where possible – including bread baked on traditional coke ovens and sausage from the famous Chatsworth Farm Shop.
Quality is our keynote – tasteful furnishings, comfortable twin beds, high standards of cleanliness, delicious breakfasts plus many thoughtful extras.
It goes without saying that we really want our visitors to have a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable stay – just come and relax and escape the hustle and bustle!
AVONDALE FARM – key features
- Self-contained B&B accommodation with hallway, sitting/dining room and twin en suite bedroom (not self-catering)
- Open all year except Christmas and New Year
- All at ground floor level
- Centrally heated throughout
- We operate a non-smoking policy
- Off road parking
- Extensive tea/coffee tray with fresh chilled milk
- TV – Radio – DVD - CD – Hair Drier
- Dogs by arrangement at small charge
- On parle français
Location and surrounding area details
In the Peak District National Park, close to Chatsworth, Haddon Hall and Bakewell
- Close to good pubs and restaurants – we will happily reserve a table for you
- Local eating list, maps, walking guides, well chosen tourist information etc available
- On the Northern Section of the Limestone Way
- Close to the High Peak Trail - bicycles can be stored indoors overnight
- Grid reference SK 2457
Matlock & Matlock Bath guide
For much more information on what our area has to offer - please visit the Matlock and Matlock Bath - holiday, accommodation and visitor guide - it's packed full of useful and current information for the holidaymaker.