Our home, 'Tryfan', is a spacious modern chalet bungalow in a magnificent location high above the market town of Machynlleth. Our unique position offers amazing wide-sweeping views over the River Dovey (Afon Dyfi) and the mountains of Southern Snowdonia in the north and also the rolling hills of the Plynlimon massif to the south.
Our unique position offers amazing wide-sweeping views over the River Dovey (Afon Dyfi) and the mountains of Southern Snowdonia in the north and also the rolling hills of the Plynlimon massif to the south.
Despite our elevated position we are only minutes from the centre of town and all the amenities it offers. We are also only a few hundred metres from the railway station - just at the bottom of our road.
We offer stylish modern accommodation but with some of the charm and character of a country cottage. You'll receive a friendly old-fashioned personal service to make you feel welcome and cared for throughout your stay.
Your hosts, Mike and Gill McKever are experienced walkers and bikers with a love of the Welsh countryside and all the beauty and excitement it has to offer. We welcome the opportunity to share with you our good fortune in living in such a uniquely beautiful spot.
- Amazing views from all bedrooms, dining room, bar/lounge and terrace.
- Recently redecorated bedrooms and guest areas with new and superbly comfortable Sealy beds.
- New 19 or 22 inch flat screen television with built-in Freeview and DVD player in all bedrooms
- Modern accommodation with high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping
- Very large dining room incorporating guests lounge area and bar (non-alcoholic)
- Small friendly establishment (only 2 guest bedrooms) allowing a greater personal service
- Excellent Home cooking using many of our favourite locally sourced ingredients
- Alternative Vegetarian and Vegan breakfast menus available on request
- Free facilities include boot room, bike store, power washer and wireless broadband internet (Wi-Fi) Conditions apply
- Maps, books, local information and advice on local walks and bike trails and tourist attractions
"Great hospitality, lovely room and of course the view! (Not to mention delicious food! Yum Yum...)" - Katherine
"Fantastic, I really enjoyed the food, the room was lovely and the company helpful and nice. Amazing muffins! Thank you!!"- Marianthe
"Lovely location, lovely room + great hospitality. We'll be back! Thanks!"- Tamsin
"The views from the dining room and bedrooms were fantastic and the breakfast the following morning was superb! If you are planning to visit the Dyfi Osprey Project and need somewhere to stay we definitely recommend the Dyfiview B&B"- Michelle