Valley View Dovedale Derbyshire
Superb cottage in a superb location
- Scenic Location
- Dog/Pet Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Group Friendly
- Nearby pubs and restaurants
- Open Fire or Stove
- Wireless Broadband
Peak District group accommodation: VIDEO. LIVE AVAILABILITY. Large Dovedale holiday cottage 6 bedrooms sleeps 13 and 2 on sofa bed. Pet friendly. Stunning views of Dovedale from the front of the cottage and garden. Not many holiday cottages have such a view!
With spacious self catering accommodation nestling in the heart of Dovedale in the Peak District, near Ashbourne and within easy reach of Alton Towers, Valley View sleeps 13+2+cot in 6 bedrooms, is pet friendly, and is ideal for family group holidays, walking and cycling holidays. Stunning views of Dovedale from the front of the house and gardens - not many other holiday cottages can boast this!
Valley View has all that you expect of a large holiday house . . . and more!
• Ideal for families or large groups - 6 bedrooms for up to 13 - plus cot plus sofa bed and additional single
• Large rooms - plenty of space and ample seating for guests - with not one, but two lounges
• Main lounge - with plenty of comfortable seating and surround sound TV
• Second lounge in the Cottage Annex - games for the kids or a quiet space to just sit and read
• Log fire in the main lounge to make you extra warm and cosy - with an unlimited free supply of logs
• Plenty of dining space - the main Dining room seats up to 16 - with additional dining in the kitchen for up to 7 for family meals, including the high chair
• Easy catering - with two fully equipped kitchens - the main kitchen and a second kitchen in the Cottage Annex - with an additional fridge in the utility room so you can stock up for the week and then relax and forget the shopping
• Three bathrooms - including one downstairs and one in the Cottage Annex
• Off street parking on private drive for up to 4 cars - this is the maximum number at any one time
• Dogs and pets welcome (small additional charge applies)
And just to make things a bit more special, we have links to local services who can bring extra luxuries right to you . . . don't lift a finger, just pamper yourself with the beauty spa service or a fully catered dinner party!
The Services and Facilities
Equipped to the standard of 4 Star rated accommodation, Valley View has all the extras that you would expect to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible . . . no extras, it's all included!
• Sky TV - with full sports and film packages in both lounges (now all in HD and with BT Sport channels too)
• Wi-fi internet access
• Games galore - table football, x-box, board games and more in the lounge in the Cottage Annex
• Utility room for boots, coats etc
• Separate washing machine and dryer in the utility room
• Full central heating throughout
• Bed linen and towels provided
• Cyclists and walkers welcome with facilities for bike storage
We can't guarantee the weather . . . but come rain or shine, wind or snow, we know that you'll have everything at Valley View to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Starter pack also supplied includes: tea, coffee, sugar, milk, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper, oil, an initial supply of washing machine and dishwasher tablets, some loo rolls, hand soaps in all bathrooms, a few bin bags and an unlimited and free supply of logs for the log burner. There is also a starter pack of kindling available and firelighters.
Fabulous walks from the door, suitable for walkers of all ages along the exquisite river Dove which flows within 100 yards of the front door.
This large self catering holiday house offers fantastic accommodation for the family and for those who love quiet rural settings for walking or cycling. Valley View is within half an hour's drive of Alton Towers, so why not relax in the stunning scenery and still enjoy the excitement of Alton Towers?
Superb views from the front and rear of the house overlooking Dovedale and Milldale. This big holiday house is in one of the most stunning locations in the Peak District.
- Pet Friendly
- Ideal for families
Near to the market town of Ashbourne, Tissington cycle trail, Hartington village, Alstonefield, the historic market town of Leek, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Derby and within half an hour's drive of Alton Towers.
Flexible booking and short breaks available
Here’s what sets Valley View apart from other holiday cottages . . .
. . . take a look around this site to find out much more!
Combining outstanding accommodation with a fantastic location in the heart of the Peak District with excellent facilities and a world class theme park on the doorstep you'll find Valley View hard to beat.
Situated in Milldale, right in the heart of Dovedale, less than 100 yards from the river Dove, Valley View is unbelievably well placed - walk from the doorstep; stroll to the pub; delve further into Dovedale and the Manifold Valley; go for a cycle ride; explore Ashbourne, Tissington or Hartington; head for the thrills of Alton Towers; or just sit and enjoy the views - and, whatever you do, come back to the comfort of Valley View!
• Stunning walks from the door - suitable for walkers of all ages - Milldale with some of the best walks in Dovedale in the Peak District right from the doorstep is a fabulous location
• Bring your bike (or hire one) - and go for a ride along the Tissington Trail
• Explore Hartington to enjoy a pint, rest over a cup of tea, stock up on cheese or head for the cliffs, rocks and caves of Beresford Dale
• Walk or ride over to the Manifold Valley, to see Beeston Tor or scramble up to Thor's cave
• Visit a superb local pub and farm shop for real ales and great food - The George, in Alstonfield is only 15 minutes walk away
• Short of adrenalin? Alton Towers providing fun and entertainment for family groups and adults alike is within half an hour's drive
Only slightly further afield, are towns such as Ashbourne, a picturesque market town with all the necessary local services (supermarkets, banks etc.), Derby (shopping and culture, food and drink) and Leek with an unspoilt town centre, distinctive shops and famed for its markets, including a Fine Food market.