Brook Cottage, Little Hayfield
Brook Cottage in Little Hayfield - charming, 4* stone cottage sleeps up to 4 people in one double and one twin bedroom...
Brook Cottage in Little Hayfield - charming, 4* stone cottage sleeps up to 4 people in one double and one twin bedroom. Located on a quiet country lane in the village of Little Hayfield there are excellent walks straight from the door up to the moors heading for Kinder Scout, The Lantern Pike.
* Short breaks from £114
* Weekly prices from £207
Please check with the owners for latest rates & availability.
The Cottage details
The cottage is furnished and equipped to a high standard, whilst retaining many original features. There is a wood burning stove for cosy winter evenings and flagged area for those lazy summer days.
Lounge with a wood burning stove.
Fitted dining Kitchen
Two bedrooms – one double room and one twin room
Bath with shower over bath, toilet and hand basin,
(Please note the bath is quite high and deep for getting in and out)
A flagged sitting area
Back yard with a Utility room with washer/dryer/walking boot room and a outside hose pipe for those muddy walking boots.
* Please note there is no private car parking space for Brook Cottage however there is always space on Clough lane to park near the cottage.
* Sorry no pets allowed.
- First basket of logs for wood burning stove provided. More logs available locally.
- Full gas central heating
- Sky free view T V / DVD player
- CD and Radio
- Gas hobs and electric oven
- Refrigerator, Freezer
- Washing machine/tumble dryer (in outside utility room)
- Ironing facilities
- All linen provided – bedding, duvets, towels and tea towels
- Parking on lane
- Country pub/good food two minutes walk away
- Village park opposite cottage, though it is quiet as play area is at the top of the park
- Bus stop two minutes away, they go every hour to Buxton market town
- Village shops half a mile away
Brook Cottage is an ideal base for exploring the Sett valley trail, the Caverns at Castleton, Edale, Eyam, Chatsworth House, Lyme Hall (NT) famous for Pride and Prejudice, and the market towns of Buxton and Bakewell.
The Lantern Pike Pub, serving good food is approximately 2 minutes walk up the road. Half a mile away in the village of Hayfield are 6 pubs, post office, hairdresser, chemist, grocers/village shop.