Bodorwel, for Ffestiniog Railway
(near Portmeirion) - Bodorwel has two double bedrooms along with a shower room, living room and kitchen diner. You can watch the unique Ffestiniog Railway go by from the house and the mature garden.
Bodorwel is located in upper Penrhyndeudraeth directly beside the famous Ffestiniog Railway. The cottage has two double bedrooms along with a shower room, living room and kitchen diner. There is no better property to watch the trains go by. Ideally located for Snowdonia National Park, the beaches of the Llyn Peninsula, Harlech and Black Rock Sands.
This 1851 quarryman's cottage is an ideal base for your visit to Snowdonia, we look forward to welcoming you
- We are just 3 miles from Porthmadog and 2 miles from Portmeirion
- 100 metres from the Ffestiniog Railway's Penrhyn station
- The village shops and pubs are just a few minutes walk away
- New comfortable sofa and chairs
- Heating is via a log burning stove within an inglenook fireplace and night storage heaters
- Hi-fi with iPod docking and selection of CDs, Freeview TV/DVD in the living room
- Washing machine with garden rotary line
- New garden table and chairs
- Bedding is provided, guests to bring their own towels
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- A 10% discount card for travel on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland railways is on the key fob
- Bodorwel is a pet free cottage
- Weekly bookings: Friday changeover available from 3pm, vacate by 10am
- Parking is available for one car in front of the house. On-street parking is also available
- Bodorwel is a non-smoking cottage
Bodorwel, originally a one up one down quarryman's cottage, now has two good sized double bedrooms. Each bedroom has a double feather duvet, wardrobe, wooden chair or bench, bedside lights and tables. Travel cot available on request.
Recently refurbished in 2010/11, the lounge has seating for five guests. There is a new Freeview television/DVD, hi-fi with ipod dock and a wood burning stove.
The kitchen has seating for four guests. As well as the electric cooker, we supply a microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge and washing machine. Highchair available on request.
Recently refurbished in 2012. Shower cubicle, toilet and basin.
The raised garden is the ideal place to eat and watch the steam trains go by.
2014 - From £255 low season to £515 high season
We have greatly enjoyed our stay at Bodorwel, super trips around. Many thanks for the milk and wine.
Had a great time, lovely cottage. Surprised how big it was as the pictures make it look tiny. So was a nice surprise, many thanks
We have had a fantastic holiday and don't want to go home! So much to see around here that we couldn't get to see everything.
Had a very nice break. Travelled on lots of trains. Enjoyed the cottage, second time here. Hope to be back again one day.
Really enjoyed our stay. Lovely cottage in a great location (loved the trains in the garden!). We will return to see more next year.
We love your cottage and really appreciate all the extra touches such as tea/coffee, milk, wine etc. you've obviously put a lot of love and care into making it so welcoming!