One of the best known shopping centres in the whole of England!
Bluewater is to be found at Greenhithe, just two miles from the M25 Junction 2, and between Dartford and Gravesend on the A2 London to Canterbury Road, near Bean Interchange.
Opening times: Please check before visiting.
Monday - Friday 10.00am - 9.00pm
Saturday 9.00am - 9.00pm
Sunday 11.00am - 5.00pm
Bluewater, Europe's largest and most innovative retail and leisure destination opened on March 16, 1999. Within its first 12 months of trading Bluewater changed the face of retailing in the UK and became the benchmark for quality British retailing, winning a multitude of international awards including a Millennium Product mark. Bluewater has successfully combined retail and leisure to offer a day out destination. Bluewater's average Guest spends around 3 hours at Bluewater, and 98% of Guests surveyed in exit polls say their visit is highly enjoyable.
Extensive consumer research resulted in a triangular design to make shopping easier, with a department store at each corner- John Lewis , Marks & Spencer and House of Fraser - connected by three distinct shopping malls, with retailers grouped together to appeal to different customers. The Guild Hall offers carefully selected classic high fashion retail, together with lifestyle stores and gourmet restaurants and cafés. The Rose Gallery is family focussed with major high street retailers. The Thames Walk offers high street fashions, cafés and entertainment. The Wintergarden, the fast food - food court is situated off of the Rose Gallery, The Water Circus extending from Thames Walk offers great family restaurants, while The Village is accessible via the Guild Hall and provides a finer dining option.
The Bluewater philosophy is simple: to make shopping an enjoyable, stress-free experience, to treat its customers as Guests. Trained Hosts are on hand to give a 'helping hand' with shopping and provide information about where to shop, eat and which facilities are available.
Bluewater's striking architecture and innovative retail design sets it apart from other shopping destinations. Situated in a stunning location among towering 50 metre high cliffs, Bluewater is surrounded by a tranquil landscape of lakes, parkland and trees.
• Toilets - for adults, children, families and special needs are located throughout Bluewater in the Welcome Halls and Villages
• Parent/Child Rooms - for parents to feed and change their children are located throughout Bluewater in the Welcome Halls and Villages.
• Telephones - coin and card telephones are located on the Lower level of the mall at the Welcome Halls.
• Comfortable Seating - Seating is provided within the toilets and parent/child rooms for Guests to rest and relax.
• Cafes - Refreshments are available at every Welcome Hall but don't worry, as wherever you are at Bluewater you are never more than 70 metres from a Cappuccino!
• Post Boxes & Postal Services - Post from the pillar/post boxes, located under the stairs in each Welcome Hall, is collected regularly.
• Lifts - Public lifts are conveniently located to assist movement between the two levels and are situated in the Welcome Halls, Villages, and beside the department stores.
• Car Park Access - The Welcome Halls provide access to the multi-storey car parks. Each Welcome Hall is individually themed in the colours Yellow, Red, Blue or Green with 'Critter' icons having been used to help you to remember the exact location and level of where you parked your car.
Tax Free Shopping
If you are visiting from outside the European Community you can benefit from Tax Free Shopping. Visit our comprehensive list of retailers to find out who offer tax-free shopping.
Bureau de Change
At Bluewater you can change your currency at Marks and Spencer, Travel Agents and selected banks.
There are specially designated parking bays for Bluewater Guests with special needs, located throughout the car parks adjacent to the entrances.
Sign Language & Languages
Contact the Concierge for Hosts trained in sign language. Concierge Desks will also provide information on other languages spoken. Sight and Sound Contact the Concierge or ShopMobility for copies of either a Large Print Guide or a Braille Guide.
Bluewater has a specialist service called UK Mobility for the hire of electric wheelchairs and scooters. The store also sells mobility equipment to assist whilst at Bluewater and in the home. UK Mobility can be contacted direct on 01322 427427. For an annual membership of £15, all users get free access to manual wheelchairs when they visit, and access to electric equipment for a reduced fee of £2 per visit. Alternatively non-members can hire wheelchairs for £5 per day and electric equipment for £8.
Disclaimer: The information on this leisure activity was presented with the best of intentions. Any reported errors will be corrected immediately. People interested in contacting the above leisure activity should confirm for themselves the accuracy of any data presented.
Last Updated: 28 Apr 2015