Angel Hotel, Lavenham
- Dog/Pet Friendly
- Wireless Broadband
8 en-suite bedrooms & a friendly atmosphere await you when you come to visit the Angel Hotel situated in Medieval Lavenham. First licensed in 1420 the Angel retains much of its Tudor character with many of its rooms having exposed beams but with all the comfort of modern day living. All rooms come equipped with tv, telephone, tea & coffee facilities and hairdryers.
Welcome to The Angel
The Angel was first licensed in 1420 and is believed to be Lavenham's oldest Inn. Although much altered over the centuries, The Angel retains much of its Tudor character. Around 1500 the gable ends were added to the original medieval house and brick chimneys installed. The pargetting of the solar ceiling is believed to have been done sometime in the early 17th century. Then, in the 18th century the roof of the original house was raised, sash windows installed and the whole of the outside plastered over to resemble a stone building. Restoration work was carried out in the 1950s and our own changes in 1990 saw the creation of the present open plan ground floor layout and the installation of en-suite bathrooms.
Bar & Restaurant
- Our wine list features 9 wines by the glass as well as a selection of over 40 carefully selected (and tasted!) wines most of which are priced at under £20.
- We have 25 malt whiskies in stock and a good selection of after dinner liqueurs.
- The bar is open all day and we are licensed to serve alcohol until 11p.m. (10.30 p.m. on Sunday).
- All our food is prepared on the premises from fresh ingredients , locally purchased whenever possible.
- Our chefs Mike, Andy and Eva consistently produce the high standard of food that has earned us an AA rosette every year since 1995. We cater for diets of all kinds and our vegetarian options and game in season are particularly popular.
- One menu is served throughout, enabling a choice of dining styles; the bar, the restaurant, the snug (suitable for parties of up to 16) and, weather permitting, the front terrace and the gardens.
- Please see our Daily Special Boards for Vegetarian Options
- There are 8 en-suite bedrooms, 6 doubles, 1 twin and also a family room on the ground floor.
- Most rooms have some exposed beams and all are equipped with a television, telephone, tea & coffee and hairdryers. Free wireless broadband is available.
- Saturday night only bookings will not be taken unless at short notice through cancellation.
- Reservations require a credit card number and expiry date. No deposit will be taken but cancellations without 48 hours notice prior to the arrival date will be charged the first nights accommodation.
- Continental Breakfast and VAT is included in all rates. Selections of additional breakfast dishes are available and will be charged for as taken.
- Children sharing their parents’ room in a cot stay free.
- Dogs may stay with their owners in our ground floor family room for a supplement of £10 per stay.
| Prices per room per night || Double or Twin || Single || Family |
| Bed & Continental Breakfast || £95 || £80 || £120 |
| Bed & Full Breakfast (Sunday-Friday) || £105 || £85 || £135 |
| Half-board Sunday - Thursday including Breakfast (min 2 nights) || £135 || £105 || £175 |
| Prices for 2 night package per room || Double or Twin || Single || family |
| weekend Break - Dinner, Bed & Breakfast (2 nights B&B with Dinner on Saturday) || £275 || £185 || £300 |
| Bed & Breakfast Saturday only || £120 || £95 || £130 |
- 2 Night Stay Sunday - Thursday £85 per room per night including Full Breakfasts. Total cost £170
- 2 Night Stay Sunday - Thursday £105 per room per night including Full Breakfasts and Evening meals. Total cost £210
- Sunday Saver Special Offer! Fantastic value for a Sunday night stay - Double or Twin £75.00, Single occupancy £65. (not including Easter or Bank Holiday weekends)